Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: 2011 NBA Playoffs thread...

  1. #41
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs thread...

    I would say more than likely Brian Shaw is the coach next year, unless they can get Rambis out of a Minnesota.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #42
    Inactive Member 7teen's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2009
    Posts
    458
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs thread...

    I have to disagree with the "tear down and rebuild" CoeburnCane. You have Kobe around still and I feel the Lakers will want to maximize what they can out of his remaining years. I agree that there needs to be some moves made. I like Fisher, but he needs to be used off the bench. Heck, I like all the players the Lakers have, but I'm afraid the team has just grown bored and they need to infuse someone in there that has the hunger to win a title. Kobe will always have that I feel, but the other corps guys of Gasol, Bynum, Fisher, Odom, and Artest didn't seem to have that fire this playoffs.

    I love the idea of the Lakers moving a few pieces to land Dwight Howard simply for the fact that he doesn't have a title and will hopefully have some added fire to win one if he joins Kobe and the Lakers. I feel that Gasol and Howard would work better than Bynum and Howard.

    The Lakers have a ton of guys locked up with contracts, but I think the best move would be to cut ties with Artest somehow, trade Bynum off (and perhaps Odom as well), and then find a way to land a younger PG and Howard. I would love to see the Lakers land a sharp shooter from beyond the arc as well. Steve Blake didn't quite cut it this year (sorry PVFan)

  3. #43
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs thread...

    I completely understand your points 7teen, but Kobe's only gonna be around for 5-6 more years, tops. It's time to start building to have a championship-ready team by the time he's gone. Howard's a great start to that, especially if you can pair him with a Chris Paul or another elite perimeter player.

    I'm also thinking more long-term in saying tear it down and rebuild it. You can be in the top 5-6 of the West and threaten in the playoffs the next few years with Kobe and maybe get one more run out of that...but as a fan, I would rather see the Lakers have a team ready to compete for titles even w/o Kobe. I mean, if it could be pulled off, imagine a starting 5 in 5-6 years of:

    PG - CP3, or John Wall
    SG - a 2011 draft pick--maybe Nolan Smith or DeAndre Liggins?
    SF - Rudy Gay (another guy who folks have thought the Lakers may go after)
    PF - Griffin or Love
    C - D. Howard

    Build a solid bench behind those 5 and I think that's a solid, athletic lineup that's exciting to watch, and could compete for a title. And in the best of scenarios, if you tear down and rebuild, that would be the lineup. Not saying it's 100% realistic, but with the money that LA can throw around--it's not impossible either.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #44
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs thread...

    Gay is signed thru 2014, just signed a big extension this year
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  5. #45
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Gay is signed thru 2014, just signed a big extension this year
    I know, but that doesn't mean he can't be traded for by LA.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #46
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs thread...

    For who? Gay is Memphis' superstar, he is their franchise player. LAL would have to give up a ton of get him, and they really dont have it to give up if they trade for Howard.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #47
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 2011 NBA Playoffs thread...

    Don't think Deandre Liggins could cut it as a shooting guard in LA. Hell of a defender, though, but just not a consistent scorer. Joe Crawford went to the Lakers when he left KY and he was a hell of a better shooter than Liggins...Joe is just a mainstay of the D-league now.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •